Monday, December 21, 2009

Before it's TOOOOO late ...



here is my creation for LAST Tuesday's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. I haven't missed a challenge yet and don't want to start now!!! If you've never been to this challenge blog ... YOU ARE MISSING IT!!!!! This site is packed full of inspiration, fun & prizes!


This week the design team really outdid themselves! Besides the sketch ... they've tacked on the theme of "BAKING" and these ladies have created some AMAZING projects ... please go check it out!!!


Now, because I'm so far behind ... I really didn't take a lot of time with this creation but I'm very happy with the outcome. Although, before I send it in the mail ... I think I'll add a few more little touches to it ... maybe some SPARKLE for the holidays ... what do you think???
My image is from one of my favorite companies ... Crafty Secrets ... the Sweet Stuff large stamp set. I have used Very Vanilla for my base card, Bazzill Christmas Green and DCWV designer papers. The gingham is a wide ribbon I found at The Flower Factory (a local wholesaler) and the foam pinwheel candies are from a Peel & Stick pack purchased at Michael's. I have used Prisma markers for my coloring and Nestabilities Classic Circles for matting. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say hello!! I hope you are all ready for Christmas ... I'm getting closer, LOL!! Happy Holidays!!

13 comments:

  1. I love your gorgeous card! Pretty colors, dp and lots of beautiful detail! Thank you for fitting us into your busy schedule at this time of the year. I hope that you will have a wonderful Christmas and look forward to your playing with us again in the New Year!

    Carolyn
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love the traditional Christmas colors. I was worried that you weren't going to enter a card this week. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in all of our challenges.

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene I love the homespun feel of this marvelous card. The green checked paper is exactly the print of my kitchen curtains...LOL Your little girl image is as sweet as can be. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support of Midnight Madness throughout the year and to wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    Hugs,
    Carol
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Darlene, thank you so much for being a staple in our challenges. What would we do without seeing your wonderful creations each week? I just love your card and of course a big fan of crafy secrets..I need to pull mine out. You were the one who introduced Crafty Secrets to me..remember that?? Wow..seems like ages ago..Is your group over at SCS still? I need to drop in over there and check in from time to time. I just wish I had more time to dedicate to other challenges. Anyway, keep these beauties coming ok? Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch Challenge this week. I know it will get busy in the next few days or so, so I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful Dar! Such a sweet image and I love the gingham ribbon you've added!!!

    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly fabulous, Darlene! You're making me want to make a card today--but no time for mommy to play today! So sad...!

    One of my favorite CS sets--love this little girl! Hope you're having a wonderful day--love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! I've stated this challenge but don't think I'll be able to finish it! Thank you for your comments on my blog
    Merry Christmas!

    ((Lyn)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful!! Love it! Hope is well with your Christmas planning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a comfy and warm-hearted card Darlene. :) I love that you have played with us from the beginning. :) Thanks so much for always being with us. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends and we shall see what the New Year brings. :)
    Michelle MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and those mint candies are so cute!! Thanks for playing with us at the MMSC this time and hope to see you again for the next one :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Darlene - I am glad you found the time to play this week - and how adorable is your card!! That dear little girl look like my DD2 - who LOVES to cook! Love the colours and that image - they make sucha grogeous card! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again!! A very happy CHRISTmas Darlene, to you and your family!! {{{hugs}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team}

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning DArlene!!! I just love your coloring of the sweet image, the patterns on the paper paired with the pinwheel circles!! Gorgeous take on the sketch!!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family my friend!!!

    big hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card! I never would have thought of using this image for a Xmas card, but it works perfectly! I've never played a midnight madness sketch yet...someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.