Thursday, April 22, 2010

AIS and APPLE TREES

SORRY ... no cards to share with you today!  
Hubby came home from work yesterday with a fairly large card order for a co-worker and I've been working on that project.

AIS (Adventures in Stamping) is this weekend here in Akron, Ohio ... YIPPEE!
Of course that's going to cut into my crafting time and I might be MIA from blogland this weekend, but I'll be having fun checking out all the new stamps & products!!




The Apple Tree
Way up high in an apple tree
Two little apples smiled down at me
I shook that tree as hard as I could
Down came the apples
M-m-m-m they were good.


The other day I showed you a photo of our young apple tree ... planted in the front of our home and I promised you a photo of the 100+ year old apple tree that is in our side yard.  I am SO GLAD they didn't bulldoz over this wonder work of nature when they were building the home we live in!!  Oh if this tree could talk ... I can only imagine the amazing stories it could tell ...
  Isn't it magestic!!
You can tell by how the chair & table sitting under this tree are dwarfed ... just how MASSIVE this beauty is in size!  This old timer still has more blooming to do, but they are calling for rain/wind over the next few days and I was afraid to wait any longer to get my photo.  I'm pleased to say too that the birdhouse that Mark made and hung in this apple tree before he got sick is once again occupied ... this time by a family of chickadees.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what a glorious apple tree, Darlene! Lucky you--a vintage apple! What a lovely place to sit and relax....aaaaahhhhh!

    Have a wonderful time this weekend, my friend--what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture! I just love all of those blossoms.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous.

    We had apple trees in our backyard when I was a kid. Northern Spy apples, I think. (Good and sour the way I like 'em!) Trees were beautiful....but I hated them. The bees were always buzzing around - and I was scared sheet-less of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..how lucky you are to have this old-timer in your own yard!!...what treasure...only if it could talk!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, these are so pretty. Fruit trees are so pretty for the short time they are blooming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.