Tuesday, April 6, 2010

*Wink *Wink DT fun & announcement ...

Oh my goodness ... with posting our very FIRST CHALLENGE over on *Wink *Wink Ink yesterday, I totally forgot to post my DT creation. 
How much fun is this creation!!!   I've used two *Wink *Wink Ink images ... CATNAP and SPOT ... both of these images and many more are available in the *Wink *Wink Ink Store.  I created the sky by swiping a couple shades of blue ink across the paper with a sponge pod.  Garden Green cs was used for the grassy area and the fence is an Art Impressions stamp which I have stamped onto Chocolate Chip cs and cut out.   The little birds in the sky is a Stampscapes stamp. 

One of the fun features of using digis is the capability of making your images different sizes ... as I have done here!  By printing CATNAP a little smaller than SPOT, it gives the illusion that the fence & cat are further back in the yard!  FUN, huh!!  Why not pop on over and get yourself a few of these fun digi images and create your own fun scenes!!  I must warn you ... these images are addicting!!!

Now for the announcements!

Today is *Wink *Wink Ink's Owner/Artist, Melanie's birthday!  What a wonderful, fun, talented lady!  I just wanted to wish her the HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!! 

AND, just in case you hadn't already figured it out (tee hee) ... with Vicki Parson's stepping away from blogging, Melanie has asked ME to be DT/Challenge Coordinator for *Wink *Wink Ink!  HOW COOL IS THAT!!!   I was thrilled to be considered for the position and will do my best to promote her images because they are amazing and so much fun!!  I am SO EXCITED!! 

ONE LAST THING ... Today marks ONE YEAR since my sweet husband's Stem Cell Transplant and I am SO THRILLED to say that he remains Cancer Free and is doing GREAT!!  I guess I should make him a very special dinner tonight to celebrate!!

Thanks everyone for stopping by!  I can't begin to express how much it means to me!!!  Happy Day to You!! 

6 comments:

  1. Love your card - it's adorable! Congratulations on being asked to be the DT/Challenge Coordinator for Wink*Wink Ink!!! But the big news is about your husband - congratulations and continued good health to him! Love, your redheaded friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, Darlene! Congrats on your new appointment as DT/Challenge Co-ordinator for *wink*wink ink!

    How old is that old frog, Melanie, anyway? *snicker* I posted that to see if she actually reads any of your blog comments! (Luv ya, Melanie!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dar, this card is too cute! I love that you combined 2 of the images!

    You're doing a great job for all of us on the WWI team!

    Congrats and many, many more years of good health for the hubs!

    Hugs,
    Lelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Darlene! This card is just SO CUTE!!! I love what you did with these two adorable stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, you ARE having a wonderful day aren't you! Congrats hun (you've got your work cut out for you!) and congrats to the hubby too. So glad things are going well for you!
    Hugs,
    Teri x (and one for himself too! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prasie God that the hubby is cancer free!

    Loving this fun card! Your little poochie is just like my Pepper! This is simply adorable!

    Happy Birthday to Melanie!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.