Sunday, February 27, 2011

CDAC Challenge Creations

Happy Sunday Everyone!
I was successful in creating images for the various challenges that are offered & last two weeks over on CDAC (Crafter's Digital Art Center).  If you are not familiar with this network and love digis ... then you REALLY need to check 'em out!  There are a ton of AMAZING artists offering even more amazing images ... and you can even collect free ones offered to be used in the challenges.  How awesome is that!!  Okay ...here we go ...

ONE of the images offered in the Freebie Challenge is a Pyramid Sheet created by Ignacio ... Nicecrane Designs and is called "Sweet Girl"
There are other freebies offered by other artists in this challenge but I haven't yet gotten around to creating with those images ... I just printed them so I'll have them ready for you to see early in the week.

  * * * * *
My next creation is for the Color Challenge and is being hosted by Just Some Lines.  Check out this adorable image ... yep it's a free offering for this challenge and I had a wonderful time creating this Bee Happy Card.  

My background paper is from a Making Memories 12x12 pack and I have aged it with Tim Holtz distress ink, faux stitching and added the 'bee happy' stamping.

 * * * * *
This third creation is to satisfy the Embellishment Challenge and is hosted by Daisy Doodles.  Along with with adorable Bunny ... you were to use a maximum of THREE embellishments.  I just love the SMILE on this bunny's face ... he looks so pleased with himself for finding this egg!  LOL ...

   The designer paper is from Jo-Ann's ... I've used Prismacolor markers for my coloring and my THREE embellishments are Ribbon, Purple gems and this K&Co. purple glitter flourish.

 * * * * *
Next is my creation for the Sketch Challenge and the hostess is Stef Hughes ... better known as Glitterbabe!  Just in time for St. Patty's Day ... this shamrock is just perfect!

 Again, I have created my own background using Garden Green ink and a shamrock stamp by Hampton Art.  The other panels are various designer papers from my stash and I have used a gold Pilot marker to place a gold edge around my focus image.  Although it's difficult to see, the shamrock is bordered with green Stickles and the stars are dotted with gold Stickles.  Basic coloring was done with Prismacolor markers.

* * * * *
 Lastly is my creation for the Other Theme Challenge and is hosted by Designed2Delight Digital Stamps.  Besides this sweet birthday cupcake "free" digi image, Faith has asked us to use TWO DIFFERENT designer papers for our creations.  Here's what I've come up with.

I decided to use a paper pack that has been in my stash for quite some time.  It is Kaiser Craft (Gypsy Sisters Collection) and it is so bright & cheerful ... I thought it perfect for a birthday card!

* * * * *
So there you have it ... sorry for the long post but since there are for all the challenges over on CDAC ... I thought it would be okay to share them all at one time.  Did you notice too that for most of these cards I also made coordinating envelopes ... at least they are completed projects ... versus the PILE of cards laying on my table that need completed inside and packed with envelopes!  Maybe tomorrow .... (she said with her fingers crossed, lol).

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend and please stop back!  I will have some exciting news to share with you later in the week ... stay tuned!!

Hugs to you all!
Darlene

1 comment:

  1. you are just too freakin' creative!!! these are all absolutely fabulous! good thing i don't have to judge on any of them because they're all winners! you rock!!!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.