Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fun with a TAG & a SKETCH

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I hope you are either IN a warm place or STAYING warm because it sure is a bitter cold day here in N.E. Ohio.  So I've decided to hide out in my 'crafting cave' today.  Besides ... I have painter's here painting my kitchen so I'm better off to 'stay out of their way!'.

My first creation this afternoon is a TAG for the challenge over on Joan's Gardens.  Have you checked this challenge out yet?  It's just for fun and helps you to get those so needed gift tags ready ahead of time.  You should see some of the AMAZING creations these ladies are coming up with!!  WOW!

(click image to enlarge)
I have used a Webster's Pages cotton verse (purchased at Joan's Gardens) for my focus image.  My original shipping tag was bright blue (an RAK from my friend Mary Frances - waving Hi)  so I toned it down using Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink then stamped vines on it and embossed them (hard to see in the photo ... sorry) ... next I bordered the tag using a Gold Pilot Marker.  My flower is from an OLD floral design that I threw in the trash but salvaged a few of the flowers first.  My butterfly was created using the MS lacy butterfly punch (from Joan's Gardens) and actually I have punched TWO ... the bottom one is red and the top one if from a scrap of dp that looks like burlap.  The fronds are from another MS punch and the beautiful May Arts green satin ribbon is also a purchase from Joan's Gardens.

* * * * *

The second creation I have for you today is for the Sketch Challenge over on Sugar Creek Hollow.  This one made me THINK a bit but I'm very happy with the outcome.  I think that is what I like so much about a sketch challenge ... so many are definitely NOT a sketch I would have come up with on my own!

 (click image to enlarge)
My image if from Sugar Creek Hollow Store and I've used Prismacolor Markers for my coloring.  Don't know why I decided on blue & peach ... it just happened!  The ivy & birds in the corners are from a sticker pack I had in my scrapbooking supplies.   I tried using a rub-on (bottom right corner) ... but that didn't work out so well ... hence the addition of stickers!  Sssshhh don't tell anyone I made this boo-boo!  

Well that's it for me this afternoon!  I think I'll head back down to the crafting cave and try to get ahead of the game on my DT work.  Hopefully I don't run out of mojo!!  I'm still getting over this stupid cold and it can really drag ya down ... know what I mean!  Grrrrr!  Anyways ... THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you found inspiration in my work.

Hugs,
Darlene

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful creations. I love the colours in the tag. The card is fabulous. I love the little bird elements where the swirls are indicated. You shouldn't have admitted to the fact they are covering a boo-boo because we never would have known. Hope you lose that cold. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  2. well....how adorable is that! I just love the tag! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene WOW this is one FANTASTIC tag girl, and your card is beautiful!!! Oh my goodness girl I am sooo cold..ugh!! Come on spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both beautiful creations! I love that big flower on the tag, especially it's center.
    The card is lovely! That heart is so pretty the way you colored it! I'm a big brid lover too so I really like the "bird corners". Wonderful interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for continually joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow. I always love seeing what you create!
    ~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Darlene I just love how you interpreted the sketch! Using the birds and foliage for the flourishes is pure genious and incredibly creative. You always have something unique on your cards! Thanks for joining us week after week at Sugar Creek Hollow - I am now waiting with anticipation for what you will create for the next challenge!
    All the best,
    Sharon, SCH-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful. That is such a great way to use those Webster's Pages cloth verses. Your butterfly is so pretty. Thanks for joining us again for the Joan's Gardens Tag Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card and tag! I really love how you used non traditional colors. I will keep your boo-boo hush hush...The bird and the flowers look great! Thanks so much for joining us again, love to see your creations.
    Hugs, Heide
    SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, these are absolutely beautiful!!
    So much detail in everything you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty car, Dar! Sorry I haven't been by in a while...so glad I made the time today!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene, your tag is gorgeous! Love the big flower and gold edging.

    Very pretty card; you colored the heart so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene, what a fabulous tag card and love your entry for the SCH challenge! Thanks so much for joining us for this weeks Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge and we hope you will come back and play again next week!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    SCH-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is gorgeous and colored beautifully! Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowwww Darlene,,,,I really adore your tags,,,,my friend, so vibrant , so colorfull,,,,so unique,,,,,,,love it,,, love it, love it....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.