Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Challenge and a Prayer Request

Hello everyone!  It's Thursday and that means it is time for the weekly card challenge over on Joan's Gardens Blog.  But before we get to my challenge card I would like to ask you to keep my husband in your prayers once again!  He got the test results back today from his Pet Scan and unfortunately it wasn't as squeeky clean as we had hoped.  There appears to be another growth in the same area as the 'contankerous' lymph node he had prior to his stem cell transplant 2 years ago.  It's very small at this point in time but with his history, the oncologist is being very cautious and will be monitoring it very closely.  Your prayers got us through the first time around and I'm asking for those additional prayers once again.  Thanks so much!

Okay ... onto that fun challenge 
at Joan's Gardens!  

Today her challenge requirements are:
*  Use the colors Peach & Teal
*  Use Butterflies
*  Use something FRILLY

 (click on image to enlarge)

So, what do you think?  I just purchased the Bo Bunny 'Gabrielle Collection' designer paper at Joan's last week and I love it.  Perfect for today's challenge!  Of course, butterflies is never a problem for me ... I have many types to choose from between stamps, punches & dies!  BUT ... frilly was a little more difficult!  Then I remembered having the Spellbinder 'Fleur De Lis' die and thought between that & the Martha Stewart border punch ... I had my 'frilly'.  (Items in BOLD print can be purchased at Joan's Gardens)

Joan also gave me a TIP on using those more intricate dies and I'd like to share that with you just in case you've had the same problem as I have had in the past!  TIP:  Placing wax paper between your cardstock & die will help in the removal ... ALSO ... after running your die back & forth through your embossing machine ... TURN the die a quarter turn and run it through again!  Worked beautifully!

Thanks my friends for stopping by and here's wishing you an AMAZING day filled with fun & laughter!!  Thanks again for those prayers ... I so appreciate each & every one!!
Hugs to ya!
Darlene

8 comments:

  1. Drlene, the GOD we serve is a Wonderful, loving Father, HE will see you and hubby through this !! Keeping you in my thought's and prayers my friend !!
    PS: i need your addy gain, sorry lost it when my server crashed for the goodie bag over at Glitterbabe , last month's challenge..........:))
    lotsa luv
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dar!! I will certainly be keeping your hubby in my prayers hun!! Your card is absolutely beautiful my friend!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and I hope all turns out okay with your hubby! Many prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene!
    Just a GREAT BIG PRAYER COMING YOUR WAY FOR BOTH OF YOU. GOD IS WONDERFUL & HE WILL GIVE YOU THE STRENGTH TO GET THROUGH THIS.
    The card is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heck - he was doing so well too - what a pain!!
    My thoughts are with both of you right now hun (you know I don't do the praying thing)
    Love and hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am sorry to hear about your husband results, will be praying.

    Love your card, the butterflies are fabulous. Thank you for the tip, I just got some of the karen dies that are the hardest things to get the paper out of. I will have to try the wax paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene your hubby will be in my prayers. I had cancer last spring so I know how these things go. It is my second time with cancer. Never fun! Your card is so beautiful...love the combo of the frilly and colors. Butterflies are always my fav. Good luck with the challenge. Looks like I will have to buy some of those new dies that are out, the doily ones! OMG are they ever GREAT. Joan always had terrific things in her store. Hugs and blessings to you and hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear that news Darlene. Will keep him in my prayers. Your card is gorgeous. I DO love that new design paper. Your flowers are so pretty and love how you attached the butterflies. Thanks for joining us again in the challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.