Thursday, March 3, 2011

Joan's Gardens Blog Hop

A quick post for this evening just to share with you the creation I made (well, actually two)  for the Just Rite Stamps Blog Hop/Challenge going on over at Joan's Gardens this week.  The prizes are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and you'll want to pop over to get all the details ... then get involved.  
(embossed version-click to enlarge)
First I stamped this Just Rite sentiment ... then thought I should have embossed it ... so stamped another ... hence the TWO cards!!  (can't let anything go to waste you know!)  I've used Basic Grey Marrakech designer paper for both cards ... only difference is I distress the 2nd card with various Tim Holtz distress inks over top of the patterned paper.
I like how both cards turned out but I think it will be the SECOND card that I will enter into the challenge!  I wish you could see it IRL ... it's so pretty and there is glitter all over the butterfly which really gives it a nice dimension.


Thanks for stopping & looking!  I know I'm kind of going CRAZY this week with postings but I just want to share with everyone and hopefully inspire a few along the way!  OH ... and I truly LOVE all your comments ... but if you don't leave a comment, that's okay ... I'm just thrilled that you stopped by! 

Hugs,
Darlene

9 comments:

  1. these are beautiful Darlene..the sentiments are awesome..I saw the cool challenge at Joan's but alas..I have NO JR stamps! oh boy..better get over to my friend Darlene's house! lol Also..I love the Alice pics below...awesome! better get over there and check them out! We have to get together for sure this spring..my youngest coming home this weekend 4 a week from school but I am fairly free after maybe? stay in touch! hugs, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are wonderful, Darlene. The distress ink over the dp for the background on the second card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, great cards. I love the brillent blue and your backgrounds are very pretty in both cards.

    Thanks so much for particpating in Joan's Gardens #8 JustRite Challenge. It certainly has been fun.

    Joan
    www.atjoansgarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Darlene, I really love your card!! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Darlene! Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Darlene... both are beautiful!!! I can just imagine the sparkle on the butterfly! Love them both and good luck in the drawing!!! It is an amazing prize!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Darlene both your cards are beautiful!!!!
    You can't go wrong adding a butterfly on any card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, Darlene! Love the framing on both. Thanks so much, too, for your very kind comments on my blog this week. It was very fun to participate in this hop. Good luck on the drawings!

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these distressed cards,,,,oh my,,, I am curious about the dies you used Darlene,,,, I love it....and what amazing colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.