Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Midnight Madness #94 & Crafty Secrets #162

It's time once again for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.  Today I'm using the CAS sketch and "priscillastyles"  Easter Egg Hunt Dog (set of 4 different doggie images) which can be found HERE.


(click image to enlarge)
Is this pooch cute or what!  And I couldn't help but add my little 'The Stamp Pad' bunny up in the corner!  Looks like he's not happy about the pooch grabbing on to some of the eggs which had been left for the kids to find!!  LOL!!

Recipe:
Papers:  Pixie Press (eggs), Paper Pizazz (plaid), Black cs
Digi image:  "priscillastyles" Store
Accessories:  Prismacolor markers, Chalk, Prima flowers

Other Challenges:
For Fun Challenges - Purple, Green, Yellow
Charisma Cards - 4-legged friends
Cute Card Thursday - Signs of Spring (Easter Egg Hunt)
Fab 'n' Funky - Spring (Easter Egg Hunt)

* * * * *   Crafty Secrets Challenge #162

  This was SO MUCH FUN if I do say so myself!  
 
Today, I'm your hostess for the Crafty Secrets Challenge over on SCS and after tossing several ideas around in my head I came up with the idea to USE ONLY ONE STAMP SET for your creation ... background paper, main image & sentiment.


(click on image to enlarge)
Here is what I came up with using the Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamp Set SM32 - Poppy.  (I know poppies aren't blue but dragon flies are and that's where it all began!)  I used the dragon fly in the set to create my background paper ... stamped/embossed and colored my poppies with Prismacolor markers ... stamped the sentiment and cut it out to add over the ribbon panel ... the completion of the sentiment is in the lower right corner.  As you can see in my close up of the dragonfly ... I stamped it again separately, cut it out and popped it up for dimension.  I also added a strip of the paper to the back flap of the envelope to coordinate the two.  I am SO PLEASED with how this came out ... I'll be doing this little trick again soon!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a GREAT week!
Hugs,
Darlene

8 comments:

  1. Darlene, this card is stunning! The way you cut the sentiment out is great. The dragonflies are perfect! You should be proud of this card! It is just perfect.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey GF oh my word I LOVE your easter creation.......LOVE how the cute bunny is peaking out!!! That is sooo much fun!!! Your second is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Hope you are having a great day sweetie!! WOOHOO we get more daylight this weekend..woot!!!! We need to get together soooooonnn!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello friend!! :) Both of your creations are just gorgeous!! I'm really love your bright Spring colors!! I'm still wishing!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both cards. The peeking bunny makes me smile and giggle. My daughter really liked your card she told me it was a cute puppy. I love how you colored the Flowers. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work Darlene. I just love your Easter card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are great! Love your Midnight Madness card (think I tanked on this one but I tried - ~grin~). The puppy image is so cute, and the little peaking bunny is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woww Darlene I adore your bunny on the Easter Card,,,,,,so funny ,,,,woww ,,,and your card for The Crafty Secrets Challenge is so elegant, so vibrant. I really love it,,,,very well done.......I love these blue tones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally cute - I love the bunny at the top and wonderful coloring of PS image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.