Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #96 and Workshop Projects

Well, I'm back from the workshop at Joan's Garden's in Indiana and excited to show you the projects we made!  But first I'd like to share today's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge card with you.  Today I chose to use the 'fancy' sketch for my card and my focus image is the lovely 'Bird Cluster Digital Stamp' from "priscillastyles" store.

(click on image to enlarge)

I have used Prismacolor markers for the coloring of my image and the designer paper is by K&CompanyColorbok metal dots & Martha Stewart birds (punch) were used for embellishments.

Be sure to pop over to the challenge blog and check out all the amazing creations for today's sketch and then by all means, PLAY ALONG!  You won't be sorry ...  It's great fun and there are always wonderful prizes offered!
 * * * * *
 The following are the projects I made last week at the workshop.  Selma & Joan did an amazing job of coming up with fabulous projects for us to create and I just LOVE them all!!

First is an 'explosion tea cup box' ... isn't this AMAZING and ADORABLE!!!
Secondly was a giftbox.  Selma & Joan taught us how to make these wonderful flowers to decorate our box with and I can tell you I will be making a LOT MORE of these flowers ... they are awesome!
And lastly was a watermark resist technique used to create this card.  I used a different image (Heartfelt Creations #HCPC3370) for my card than what was used in the class but it was the TECHNIQUE that was the most important to learn!  We also found that Tim Holtz Distress Inks worked beautifully for this technique.


You can read & see ALL THE  DETAILS on these projects on Joan's Gardens Blog and more instructional details over on Selma's Blog.


Sorry for the long posting but I just HAD to share these creations with you!  And when I got home look what greeted me as I came up the sidewalk . . .

Aren't they beautiful!  Made me SO HAPPY!  They are certainly the FIRST TRUE SIGN that Spring is finally here!!  Have a wonderful week everyone!  
Hugs,
Darlene

6 comments:

  1. Your new layout is fabulous!!! And your projects...wow! The tall box is so pretty. For someone who didn't like 3-D projcts you certainly have become a master. Beautiful job on card with the crosses...I really like how soft looking it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Darlene! I've missed you over at Nicecrane! Gorgeous explosion box, I've been wanting to make one of these soon. Beautiful projects you've done here. Hope to see you at CDAC soon!
    ♥ Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl, these projects are to die for! I wish I could hold them in my hands and open them up, just amazing work Darlene!!! I am so glad you had a wonderful time and were greeted with Nature's own "welcome Home" gift!!
    You blog looks just beautiful!!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing to say but WOW, Darlene! Your Midnight Madness card is terrific! Love that image.
    Looks like you had a blast at Joan's - you lucky girl! Your exploding box with the teacup inside is so, so cute! I love it! The flowers you created for it and the tall box are wonderful! Lots of eye candy here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! Wow, Those projects are stunning. Love your exploding box with the teacup. Just gorgeous!
    Your MMSC card is beautiful. Love your coloring and perfect embellishments.

    Gorgeous crocus! So bright and beautiful. I have a few but nothing like that.

    Super job on all your projects here, Dar. Glad you had a great time at the workshop!

    Hugs!!!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Darlene, I'm blown away! I came over to check out your bird card which is really beautiful, and then you treat us to all the other stunning goodies! Your boxes are OTT gorgeous and the flowers that greeted you are so pretty. We don't get to see much of a change in weather here so thanks for sharing that with us!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.