Saturday, March 5, 2011

More exciting news & a Touch of Vintage

WOW, what an amazing week I am having!!   I just couldn't wait for today to make my announcement!!! I was invited to be  Guest Designer for the month of March at Sugar Creek Hollow!!!! WOOOHOO!!! Thanks so much Tracy for giving me the opportunity to work with you and your very talented design team!!!    What a fabulous month this is going to be!!

It's going to be a SUPER EXCITING month at Sugar Creek Hollow as they are celebrating their 1st Anniversary!  All the activities will be listed at the bottom of this post.  Bear with me ... it's going to be a long post ... LOTS TO SHARE WITH YOU THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS!
 

First of all is today's challenge and we have a sketch for you to play with.  I had so much fun with this sketch and I hope you do too! 

For my creation, I have used the beautiful dress called Ladies "Frock" Together - Springtime in Paris Collection which can be found HERE


(click on image to enlarge)
The designer paper I chose to use is Daisy D's and I have used Tim Holtz distress ink to distress the edges as well as paper piecing the digi dress image.  Another technique used is faux stitching around the outside edge. 

Now, I'd like to tell you about the upcoming 'schedule of events' at Sugar Creek Hollow.

March 5 - Tracy, our wonderful owner has put together a lovely package of blog candy that could be yours so just head to the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge blog on March 5th and follow the instructions.  The winner will be chosen on March 31st.  Here's a peek at the goodies . . .
March 12 - the first Guest Designer chosen from our Cards of the Week will join us.
March 19 - we are having a blog hop with prizes to be won on each designer’s blog as well as a grand prize on the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge blog.
March 26 - we are having a contest to name a new image.

More details on all the activities will follow but make sure you mark your calendar so you don’t miss out on any of the fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and sharing in my excitement!  Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!

Hugs,
Darlene

10 comments:

  1. How pretty, Darlene! You so deserve the privilege!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, congrats on being GD this month....your card is gorgeous. Loving the image paper pieced, great paper choice. Tfs and have a great month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene...you have outdone yourself lady. This is truly vintage at its finest!!! I have been in love with that DP since I first saw this card go up on the DT site. All I can say is...keep doing what you are doing. Just breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, we are so happy to have you guest designing with us this month! You have been a faithful follower of us, and your work is beautiful!! Your use of this image is spectacular!! Welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love all your details...it's so pretty!

    I too am excited to work with you as well...Welcome...and love your blog...super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene,
    Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!
    What a stunning work of art you have created! I love the papers you have used and the dress looks lovely in the DP! Glad to have you with us at SCH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh the card is absolutely gorgeous and wowza on the great news! you are definitely a star!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Darlene!! Congrats on your guest spot!! I haven't been in my craft room for a whole week... We are getting a little crazy here with the move to the new offices... I will have to take pics and post them once all the painting etc is done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful Darlene! It just makes me wish I could put this frock on and wear it to a grand ball! I love the paper piecing and especially the paper you've used. Yellow is my favorite color and this gorgeous paper really attracts my eye with its pink roses and how you've perfectly picked up the colors with your accent cardstock. Very elegant. It's so fun having you as a guest designer - I love your work.
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a curious way to use the die cuts,,,,oh my,,,,,on center,,,,I love the idea Darlene,,,,,I am working on it,,,,,,,Thanks my friend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.