Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge and Blog Hop Prize Winner Announcement

I'm sad to say this will be my last posting as the March Guest Designer for Sugar Creek Hollow!  It has been a wonderful, exciting month and I want to thank all the ladies at SCH for their warm welcome & support.  A special thanks goes out to Tracy & Cec!

Before going onto today's challenge, I want to remind you of all the wonderful activities going on to celebrate the 1st Anniversary at Sugar Creek Hollow.  You'll want to pop over today and get involved in the last activity ... 'suggesting a name for a special image' ... you can see the image over on the blog.  Leave a comment with your name suggestion (don't forget to leave YOUR contact email) and you'll have until Midnight EST on March 30th to do this ... Tracy will draw a winner and make the announcement on March 31st.


Speaking of WINNER'S ... The WINNER of my Blog Hop Prize . . . {drumroll please} . . . is:

* * *  LAGENE  * * *

Lagene said...
Love your card! I'm following you! I really love SCH Insect Tiles. I would love to win your blog candy! memalagene at gmail dot com

Congratulations Lagene! An Email is On It's Way!

NOW ... onto 
Today's Challenge . . .

STITCHING

(click on image to enlarge)
I just can't get enough of this beautiful 'Ladies Frock Together Digi Stamp' and it's just perfect for paper piecing (which I've done here) and since I was having trouble with the ole 40+ year old sewing machine, I decided to do faux stitching around my card & image. The designer paper I chose to use is from the My Mind's Eye 'Stella and Rose' paper pack.  I made the flowers using Sakaras punches, gold & orange cardstock & Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink. Oh ... and the leaves are from a Sizzix die - #656064.

Please be sure to jump on over to the Challenge Blog and see all the amazing work done by the Design Team ... they are AMAZING!!!   

Thanks again to SCH for letting me be a part of their fun and thanks goes out to all of you who continue to honor me with your visits & comments!  I'm so blessed!!
Hugs,
Darlene

6 comments:

  1. Darlene,
    I love how this frock turned out. Your paper is so very pretty and I just love your flowers.
    It has been so great to have you as our guest designer at SCH, I hope to see you again, and your amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paper piecing divine! Absolutely beautiful colors and design you have chosen for your image, Love it!! Your flowers and leaves are the crowning touch to a gorgeous creation this week! wowzer!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your paper pieced dress card! Gorgeous with all the faux stitching around the boarders!

    And Thanks I'm jumping up & down for winning blog candy at the Sugar Creek Blog Hop! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, I love this card the colors are so bright and fab it all goes so well together you have out done yourself!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the bright orange color. Your flowers are beautiful as well. I will have to look for the sizzix die I love those leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is wonderful! I love the colour - the world needs more orange :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.