Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge

Today's challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow is to

** CREATE YOUR OWN FLOWERS **

and here is my creation using Tracy's beautiful butterfly and my handmade vellum flowers which I learned how to create at a workshop held at Joan's Gardens in Indiana last summer and taught by Selma Stevenson.  You can visit Selma's blog for instruction on making these flowers and several other types also.


(click on image to enlarge)
I have used Prismacolor markers to color my butterfly and after cutting out using my Fiskars swivel craft knife, I have added 'Waterfall' Stickles to the outside edge for added sparkle.  My background paper is from a K&Co. designer 12x12 pack and was all that was needed to showcase my vellum flowers.



REMINDER ... Sugar Creek Hollow is celebrating their 1st Anniversary with SPECIAL EVENTS throughout the month of March.  Be sure to pop over to the blog for ALL the information.


While you are there, be sure to check out all the wonderful inspiration for today's challenge from the Design Team and then PLEASE come join us!!  I'd love to learn how to make 'other' ... 'different' types of flowers ... and I'm sure you can teach me!  


Hugs,
Darlene

12 comments:

  1. such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, what a beautiful spring creation! I love the pretty little flowers. Your bright butterfly goes perfectly with them. I like how you made your DP look like the leaves from the flowers. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautiful... and so colorful!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, this is awesome!! I just love the butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darlene, you have done it again my friend!!! Not only another display of your art work but those little baby flowers are divine! So delicate and tender. Well done girl friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl, those vellum flowers are heavenly! So dainty and perfectly shaped, I love the colors you have chosen to show case the butterfly! Outstanding and gorgeous creation!!! Can't wait to visit the site you mentioned to learn how to do this!!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! Love the big butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene,
    What a stunning card! I love the bright happy colors that you have picked. The handmade flowers are super. So happy you could join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene you can created a Beautiful card this week. Thanks for all the inspiration.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous...love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene, what a bold and beautiful butterfly! I just love your colors and your vellum flowers are GORGEOUS! Great creation!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowwwww Darlene,,,,,,,I love the flowers,,,,,they are a ture eyecatcher OMG ,,,,,and your sparkles are really amazing ,,,,wowwwwwww, hurra for Darlene,,,,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.