Monday, April 4, 2011

Morgan's 19th and more Tissue Box Covers

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was both fun and productive.

Granddaughter Morgan turned 19 last week and with work & school schedules ... we weren't able to get together until Saturday afternoon.  My daughter always makes the kids their FAVORITE meal for their birthday get together and one of Morgan's is called Baked Tacos and "Boy Was It Good!"   It's all the fixings for a taco but layered in a baking dish and baked in the oven ... (wished I had thought to take a picture!)

And for her birthday cake, Carolyn made her a Mandarin Orange Cake with Pineapple Whipped Cream icing!  YUMMO!! 

(Mother & Daughter being silly!)
We decided a good gift for Morgan this year was HER OWN GPS.  Anytime she's venturing away from home she has to borrow her mother's so we decided it was time for her to have one of her own.  By the look on her face I think she liked the idea too!


These kids certainly grow up tooooooo fast . . . gee I sound like my mother! LOL!  Here's a photo of Morgan with boyfriend, C.J.  If you are a follower of my blog, you will know that C.J. is the young man who had the horrible car crash last March that nearly killed him!  He's still having to use a brace on his one leg for support in walking and I believe is still doing therapy but it's only by the grace of God that he's even here to celebrate Morgan's birthday this year!
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET MORGAN!!
* * * * *
Yes, I've been going crazy making Tissue Box Covers!  They seem to be selling very well so I've made a few more over the weekend.









I think these will be a good 'craft show' item so will be continuing 'production' on these!  The instructions I have used are from Splitcoast Stampers and can be seen HERE.  I have 'tweeked' it a bit to suit my needs but the basis is there if you'd like to 'give it a whirl'.  I promise NOT to share ALL of the ones I'll be making with you ... but if there's a special one that I think you'd be interested in then of course I'll be sharing it. 

Have a wonderful week!  It's VERY WINDY and storming here in N.E. Ohio but the temperature is up in the 60's and I'm LOVIN' IT!! 

OH AND BY THE WAY . . . any of you LOCAL CRAFTERS who might be attending Adventures in Stamping in Akron . . . April 16th & 17th and would like to LINK UP ... please leave me a comment and/or an email address.  

It's been so much fun in the past to meet in person some of my online crafting friends who happen to be attending AIS and I'd love to meet more of you!  Just let me know!!  I have tickets for BOTH DAYS!! 

Hugs,
Darlene

3 comments:

  1. WOW they are all so stunning!!! I am sure they will sell like hotcakes...........:))
    Happy B/Day Morgan and hi to CJ, so glad he is still with us, all thanks to our LOVING GOD !!!!
    Your creativeness amazes me, love it!!!
    lotsa luv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene - Super Dooper Awesome tissue box covers!! I have to check the tute out, thanks for the link!
    ♥ Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowwwwww, what can I say Darlene? ,,,,, I really love how you design tissue boxes,,,and my favorite is (all),,,,, I canñt choose a one jajajajaja,,,,thanks a million for using my pictures Darlene,,,,,,each box is unique ad special,,,,,,,you are really talented,.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.