Saturday, May 14, 2011

A DAY with #1 Granddaughter . . .

I just wanted to share with you today ... the wonderful visit I had this week with #1 granddaughter, Morgan.  She's #1 for many reasons ... first of all because she is my ONLY granddaughter ... FIRST grandchild and I must admit #1 in my heart!

Morgan is in college now and working ... which doesn't leave much time for visiting Nanna (me) and doing shopping trips.  But since she's not going to take any summer classes we quickly took advantage of a few days before her grueling work schedule begins for the remainder of the month. 

Morgan & I LOVE to shop (what teenage girl doesn't!!) and since she was a little girl, we've always done FUN school shopping trips.  Now that she's older, we don't need an EXCUSE to shop ... we just need the TIME & MONEY!!

We were very successful on Thursday at the Mall!  Mo even introduced me to a couple NEW stores I hadn't even been into before.  Of course these stores were geared more towards the 'younger' ladies with hour glass figures ... so why would I even venture through the doors ... those days have passed for me, LOL!


When you are 19 and built like Morgan is built, you look good in EVERYTHING and believe me ... I had a really hard time NOT BUYING everything she tried on!  She got a couple really cute Sun Dresses, Shorts, Capris, Camisoles, Tops, Jewelry, sandals, purse & a new Pink Hat for church! 

Can you tell Mo is a bit of a Photo Ham!?!  After our 'serious' shopping ... we decided to grab a couple photos to share with you and show you just how much fun we had!  As I've shared with you before ... I come from a very FUN LOVING FAMILY and I'm glad to see that the 'craziness' has been handled down through another generation!  LOL!  Life is Too Short to be Sad & Miserable --- HAVE FUN!  Besides, it makes other people smile too ... and that's always a good thing! 


Would you believe after making the first round of purchases, she actually wanted to go into the ladies room and put on something NEW to finish out the day!  Being a 'push over' I let her  ... after all, it was bought & paid for and I would want to do the same thing!  (sssshhh don't tell anyone ... I'm like a little kid in a candy store when I have something new to wear!) 


Okay ... enough goofing around!  Back to reality and work!  Morgan is back home and back in her hectic routine . . . but I'm sure glad she made the time to come visit us!  Our children grow up so fast ... and believe me when I tell you ... grandchildren grow up even faster!!


Next visit will hopefully be grandson Jonathan.  Hmmmm, what shall we do together??  He's not much of a shopper ... being a 13 year old boy ... but I'm sure we can come up with something!  


Thanks for letting me share my joy!  I hope you find Fun & Happiness in what you are doing today!!  Hugs to you all!


Darlene

7 comments:

  1. hi Darlene- love your sweet post! :) sounds like you are starting the summer out early! hugs, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pics Darlene! It looks like you had sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add, you have a beautiful granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like she had a great time. I lost my grandmother when I was 19 and away at college. I was lucky to see and hang out with her one last time a year prior to her passing away. Your posting brought up a lot of memories of my grandma. Thanks for sharing her visit with us. Looks like she had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darlene! Such a fun time! I can see that you are #1 in her heart too! Congrats on your Midnight Madness news! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post...are grandkids the best....I spent yesterday with mine garage saling....we had a ball...thanks for sharing your lovely granddaughter with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowww so funny,,,,,Darlene,,,,,,she look really happy,,,,,,,hey hey hey,,,,,,,I am sure,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.