Thursday, July 21, 2011

I AM SO BLESSED WITH FRIENDS .

I just received this birthday card from a friend who lives in Illinois and her name is Bette Henson.  Betty and I met last year at a workshop held at Joan's Gardens in North Liberty, Indiana.  We hit it off right away and have stayed in touch via email & phone ... chit chatting about what else ... making cards & doing paper crafts!!

I don't care that it is a week late (LOL) ... it's just so gorgeous and MY FAVORITE COLOR!!   I adore easel cards and just don't think to make them often enough myself! Thanks for inspiration Bette!

 I know the background doily came from Joan's Gardens ... I believe it's one of the Cheery Lynn Design doily dies (don't have that one ... YET!) ... LOVE how she ran it through the Cuttlebug and embossed it ... fabulous idea!!
And ... I just LOVE this sentiment tag!  Will have to ask her who makes this one ... ANOTHER purchase I'll be making!!  Uuugh!  There goes my 'mad money'! LOL!

Bette doesn't have a blog ... but, as you can see, she makes BEAUTIFUL cards and I just HAD to share it with you all!  Thanks so much my friend ... what a FABULOUS surprise in my mailbox today!  MWAH!!!

I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have made SO MANY amazing friends through this craft!  What a blessing it has been for me!  A special thanks goes out to ALL of my crafting / blogging friends!  You truly 'keep me going' and 'MAKE MY DAY!'

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I marvel at you guys who can do this. How nice to have talented friends! Hope your friendship never ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful people have wonderful friends Darlene! Absolutely gorgeous card and I have to laugh cuz you had inspired me to do an easel card too and I did just that :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, what a beautiful card Bette made for you. She is very talented. Great colors and beautiful design. Nice things about late cards/gifts is that they let you keep right on celebrating. I am glad you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabuolus Darlene,,,,,,,, love all the orange tones,,,, and these flowers are amazing OMG.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.