Monday, December 5, 2011

He's At It Again . . .

After spending much of Saturday in the kitchen making candy ... we spent MOST of Sunday in the kitchen making COOKIES.  I'm not complaining mind you ... it's a team effort to get the baking done before our party!  Mark is great at doing all the MIXING ... then I do the CLEAN UP and actual BAKING.  OH ... and he's the TASTE TESTER also!!!  LOL

 We made FOUR different kinds of cookies ... and if you want any of the recipes, just leave me a comment ... I'd be glad to share that information with you!! *EDIT*  I've had a request for the recipes so I have added them under the appropriate photos.

First were the CHOCOLATE CRINKLES . . .
 
Recipe:
1/4 cup butter
2 tsp. baking powder
4 - 1 oz squares unsweetened chocolate
1/2 tsp. salt
2 - cups flour
2 - cups sugar
4 - eggs
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
confectioners sugar

In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter ... let cool.
In large bowl combine chocolate mixture, 1 cup flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder and salt.  Beat at medium until well mixed.  Stir in remaining flour and nuts.  Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.  Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Shape 1 tsp. size mix into 1" balls, roll in confectioners sugar.  Put 2" apart on greased cookie sheet and bake 12 to 15 minutes.  ( I found 13 1/2 minutes is perfect.)
Yied:  4 dozen

Then the OATMEAL w/CHERRY CRAISINS & NUTS . . .

The recipe for these Oatmeal cookies can be found on the inside of the lid of a canister of Quaker Quick 1-Minute Oats.  That's the recipe we used and added 3/4 cup of Cherry flavored Craisins and 3/4 cup chopped walnuts.


Then of course you have to have SUGAR COOKIES . . .
This is a wonderful tasting recipe from my daughter's friend, Beth Bayda




Recipe:

SUGAR COOKIES:

4 cups flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup shortening
2 beaten eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda & salt.  
Cream sugar & shortening ... add eggs, milk, vanilla & almond.

Gradually add dry ingredients to shortening & egg mixture until well mixed.

Form into balls and roll out between sheets of waxed paper ... cut out your cookie cutter forms.  Bake at 350 degrees until very light brown ... about 7 minutes.  Seal and keep in cool place.

FROSTING:
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 egg white (optional)
2/3 c. shortening
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tblsp. water
1 tsp. almond extract

Combine all ingredients and beat for 5 minutes.  Can divide into small bowls and add drops of food coloring of your choice.


We also made CHOCOLATE CHIP w/NUTS ...
but I didn't bother taking a photo ... you all know what they look like and it's the recipe off the back of the Nestle' bag ...


When we were all done & cleaned up, I decided to put together a plate of goodies to take to the little girls next door.  Of course, it was raining and they weren't home but I'll be sure to get it to them when they get home from school today ... perfect for an after school treat!  Now I can also add a couple of the cute sugar cookies ... the icing wasn't set up when I put this plate together.

Hope you're having a FABULOUS DAY no matter what you might be trying to accomplish!  As for me ... NOW I need to get to that cleaning & decorating I've been talking about for 2 days!  LOL!  Have a good one!!

Hugs,
Darlene

6 comments:

  1. Darlene wish I ws coming to your house, all your goodies look wonderful. I'm in a cookie swap and would love the oatmeal cookie
    recipe. The others I have.

    Thanks,
    Sharon Swain
    sdenimandlace1@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for holiday baking and chocolate making!!
    This will be what I do on Saturday as our annual cookie exchange is Sunday. This week - I've got over 1000 chocolate covered prezels to make. Woo Hoo - if you like Chocolate covered pretzels, try White Peppermint Chocolate or Mint Chocolate covered pretzels - YUMM-O!! =)
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please leave your receipes...always looking for different ones...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm...you are making me hungry. I love those chocolate crinkle cookies!

    I think it is almost time to get started baking all of my Christmas goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all looks amazing!!! Looking forward to doing some baking of my own over the next week. It's going to be a great party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want, I want , i want,,,so cuteeeeee,,,,,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i want a I want ..........take note,,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.