Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SCS Challenges and a RECIPE . . .

One of my New Year resolutions was to starting playing a few more of the challenges over on Splitcoast Stampers.  Yesterday I entered TWO creations into the Try A New Technique Challenge which was to 'TWINE IT UP' ... using twine, cording, hemp, etc. in your creation.  Here are the two cards I came up with . . .
This first card was actually inspired by one of the other girls challenge cards.  I'm always looking for a design I can use for masculine cards and Theresa (SCS: theresaCC) had the design I was looking for.  You can see her card and a great tutorial on her blog Crafting The Web.


This second card for the same challenge was based on this adorable Crafty Secrets Creative Scraps 'Vintage Photo's' image/sentiment.  The designer paper is from the Prima 'Madaline' paper pack and the base & matting is an ivory linen cardstock.  I made the flowers using a PunchBunch punch from the same ivory paper, sponged the edges using TH 'broken china' distress ink and curled the petals using the tweezers from my PunchBunch flower making kit.  The 'twine' I used is actually  'waxed cording' from The Beadery Co.  This was the last piece of blue cording I had and it worked perfectly.


The last card I have to share with you today is for today's SKETCH challenge at SCS.  My vintage image is from a collage sheet called 'Women's Painting Vol. II' at the Nicecrane Designs Store.  Designer paper is from Graphic45 and I have used Spellbinder classic ovals to showcase the image.

BEFORE I GO ... 
I HAVE A RECIPE FOR YOU!

This is a simple to make ... great tasting dish!

Chicken Roll Ups
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Mozzarella Cheese (sticks or shredded)
Red Pepper Flakes
Zesty Italian Dressing
Italian Bread Crumbs
2 paper plates
2 sheets of waxed paper
meat pounder

Cut your chicken breast in half 'longwise' to make 2 'thinner' pieces from each breast.
Between waxed paper, pound your chicken breasts to make thinner.
Sprinkle chicken 'lightly' with pepper flakes, place cheese at one end and roll up.
Dredge first in Italian Dressing ... then in breadcrumbs
Place on foiled baking sheet - sprayed with Pam
Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.






DINNER'S READY!!!

Speaking of dinner ... hubby's due home in 10 minutes and tonight's Hot Sausage Spaghetti isn't prepared yet!  YIKES ... better get off the computer and into the kitchen!
Have a great day/evening!
HUGS
Dar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.