Thursday, February 16, 2012

Joan's Gardens Challenge & Goodwill Finds

WOW!  I can't believe it's time for another challenge at Joan's Gardens ... 
the week's are just FLYING BY!!
Summer will be here before you know it!!!

Today she has requested the following ...
  • Create a Get Well card.
  • Color theme should be Green and White
  • Use some type of basket
  • Use some kind of Pattern Paper
This creations was SO MUCH FUN to make!  Since I needed a 'BASKET' and I don't have any of the new Marianne Basket Dies that Joan has available in the store ... I went with this adorable digi image from Shelly's Images.  My background paper comes from the Echo Park Paper Co. 'Victoria Gardens' 6x6 pack.  The flowers & lady bugs are actually EK Success 'stickers'  ... cute huh!  I have popped up the top back part of the basket to give it dimension and added a few other floral stickers that I had in my scrapbooking stash.

I must tell you, these challenges at Joan's Gardens ALWAYS make me THINK and get CREATIVE!  So ... if you haven't joined in the fun ... you are truly missing out!  Be sure to pop over to JOAN'S GARDENS and not only join in the challenge fun each week ... but also look through the fabulous list of products she carries in her store!  You will be AMAZED ...

* * * * *
Before I leave you, I wanted to share a few of the 'goodies' my friend Lana & I found at the Goodwill yesterday that we will be CHALLENGING EACH OTHER TO ALTER over the next several months.

We both have this EXACT same 'yellow painted wood framed mirror' ... hmmm I'd better get my thinking cap on ... this is going to be our NEXT CHALLENGE  PROJECT . . .

 Here is a 'Shadow Box' ... Lana has something similar that she will be working on while I work on this one!

We will both be altering a 'clock'  ...

And ... we will both be altering a 'Jewelry Box'.  

This should be fun and should take into next HOLIDAY SEASON to complete!  LOL!!  
As I stated above, the YELLOW MIRROR will be our NEXT challenge project ... so be watching for the end results ... should be great fun!!!  This will actually be the THIRD time we have had an ALTER CHALLENGE between the two of us! 
Here is a quick recap of the first two . . .

The first project. . .
 MINE

 LANA'S


Our second project ...

MINE

LANA'S

How much fun is it to not only take Trash and turn it into TREASURE ... but to see how the exact same items can be transformed TOTALLY DIFFERENT ... one friend to another is FABULOUS!  

You should give it a try ...  sure makes you look at JUNK differently!!  LOL!!
Thanks every for stopping by today and hope you're having a wonderful day!
HUGS,
Darlene

8 comments:

  1. Cute card Darlene. I love the bright colors.
    Your altered projects are awesome. Lana's too. Great job.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute get well basket Darlene. I love all the ladybugs. Thanks for joining us again in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    You and Lana always come up with some of the best projects. Love to see what you two work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous creations Darlene...your get well card is STUNNING!!!
    enjoy your weekend
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene,
    Your cards are just beautiful! I'm also intrigued by your box that you did. Would you share details of what you did? I assume that it's paper glued to the box? What kind of glue did you use? Did you cover it with some sort of decoupage medium or something? It turned out beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing your treasures with us!

    Karmen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card makes me smile...it's such a happy card..would lift anyone's spirits! Love all of your altered projects! You have inspired me to start one and work on it bit by bit...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your altered projects, Dar! Cute card too! Hope to see you at Joan's soon. Hugs, Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Darlene, these projects are fabulous. I especially love the treasure boxes. Both are beautiful, but I am a fan of yours because of the collage and vintagy look. Hugsxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. First wonderful card Darlene, it is so nice to have digi's to fall back on like that, you did an awesome job.
    Your other projects are also so wonderfully done, you are so lucky to have a close friend to craft with and shop and do things like that together, that is GREAT!! Treasure HER.
    Thanks for sharing all your joyful items.
    Big Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.