Thursday, March 15, 2012

Joan's Gardens Challenge #10 and more . . .

WOW ... time is FLYING!  
Another week has past and it's time once again for a fun challenge at Joan's Gardens.  Just think ... this time next week, I WILL BE AT JOAN'S GARDENS!  We'll be busy setting up for the weekend workshop so probably won't get to play next week's challenge but I'll be having so much other fun, I probably won't miss it too much!!  LOL!  
Anyways ... this week's challenge requirements are:
  • Create an Easter Card with a bunny
  • Use an embossed background
  • Colors appropriate for Easter
  • Some kind of Flourish
  • Rhinestones
and here is what I came up with . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  Paper Pizazz designer papers (scraps), green cs, hot pink cs
Stamps:  Paper Inspiration (sentiment)
Accessories:  Craft Concepts Secret Garden embossing folder, Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Fourish die, Hero Arts gems,Michaels satin ribbon, Bunny (RAK from Bette Henson), MS border punch, Liquid Applique
 * * * * * 
 Recently I've been sharing with you, creation inspired by other people in blogland and here are a few more.  I have always admired those who do 'sponging' and 'brayering' so well and I've been trying to make a few more creations with this technique ... trying to get better at it.  I find I can do the SPONGING better than the BRAYERING ... but will keep practicing with the brayer!

The background on this card was done completely with various TH blue distress inks and Eclipse masking medium.   I didn't like how the coloring was on the 'moon' so I ended up PUNCHING out the circle and letting the white card stock from the base card show through.  Worked out well I think!
Stamps:  American Art

The background on this card uses TH distress inks in blues & greens. The moon was created by punching out a circle from the Eclipse masking and placing on the white panel before beginning the sponging.  And star were added to the sky with a white GellyRoll pen.
Stamps:  Penny Black, Stampscapes, SU


This card was cased from Heather Telfords card found HERE.  
Using various inks ... SU, Momento, ColorBox and Eclipse masking.
Stamps:  Impression Obsession, Stampscapes, Stampendous, Anita's

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you've found inspiration in my work and will come join in the fun at Joan's Gardens and maybe even give this technique a try.  I'm always AMAZED at the outcome!
Have a wonderful day!
Darlene

4 comments:

  1. fabulous creations...love them especially the light house always something about one that i find quite haunting in a good way if you get my drift hugglies sassyxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bunny card is so cool. I love how you embossed the egg paper!Awesome take on Joan's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like that bunny has lots of work hiding all those eggs. Cute card Darlene. Is that a crocheted doily on the tail? Cute. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens. Talk to you next week on Skype.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, Cute bunny card. love te bright colors.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge. Can't wait to see you this Wednesday!
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.