Monday, March 26, 2012

Joan's Gardens SPRING WORKSHOP

Happy Monday Everyone!!

WOW ... what a fabulous FIVE DAYS I had out at the Spring Workshop at
Joan's Gardens in North Liberty, Indiana.  
Joan is such a WONDERFUL hostess and I always enjoy visiting with her and her sweet husband, Jon.  I've gotten into the habit of going out a few days early to help Joan get ready for her upcoming workshop how ever I can and 'reorganizing' the Shoppe has become my favorite thing to do!  It's a lot of work ... but so rewarding at the same time ... I get to see ALL the goodies she has for sale before everyone shows up for the workshop!  LOL!!  And it's always great fun to see the new friends I've made through Joan's workshops again!

FRIDAY'S Workshop Ladies
 
SATURDAY'S Workshop Ladies
 On Saturday, I was thrilled to finally link up with Shelly Schmidt (My Creative Ramblings) whom I had meet (online) through CDAC and when I learned she lived only a couple hours away from Joan ... in Weaton, Illinois, I invited her to Joan's Workshop so we could actually meet in real life!  I was SO EXCITED when she told me she was coming! 

WOW!  What a fun, fabulous time!  I was so happy to meet Shelly and glad that her friend Debbie (hiding in the back between us...LOL) was able to come along too!  The more the merrier!!

Now I suppose you would like to see the projects we made!  
A tutorial on creating the rose we used on our first project can be found on Selma's blog HERE.  Joan & Selma work together to come up with the project ideas for the workshops and Joan makes all the samples.  With each workshop, I learn more and more about paper crafting!  THANKS LADIES!!

Isn't this box beautiful?!?  
This is a photo of Selma's SAMPLE ...
and here is MINE ...
 Not bad!  I need to practice more on making these roses (using the PunchBunch Begonia Punch) ,,, but I think it turned out pretty good for my 1st attempt!  Needless to say, I bought was was need to recreate more of these beauties!!

NOW ... project #2 was VERY detailed and GORGEOUS!  
To create the card you used several different Marianne dies (can see the instructions and list of items used for this project on Selma's blog post HERE).  AND ... the beautiful, sparkly flower is a technique called "Glitter Peel by Elizabeth Craft" which was taught by Margaret Van Duyn from Illinois.  Isn't it gorgeous!!??!!

Here is Selma's SAMPLE ...
and here is MINE ...
 Here is a better look at the flower using the 'Glitter Peel' technique . . .

What a blessing to be able to attend these workshops and meet so many wonderful ladies.  There is SO MUCH inspiration being shared and the friendships I have made are PRICELESS!!!

Now I really MUST get back to NORMAL around here (what a mess I left my 'cave' in ...) and get caught up on the daily chores too!  Thanks for stopping by and sharing this exciting time with me!  And a huge thanks to Joan and Selma for all their hard work!  You ladies are the BEST!!

Hugs,
Darlene

7 comments:

  1. OMG, Darlene.....looks like everyone had a fabulous time. Your creations are just stunning. I'll have to check out Selma's blog. Thanks so much for sharing.

    {{hugs}}
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower is cool with the glitter peal. It looks like stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene!
    What a wonderful workshop and sooooo much fun to have a little time with you. I love, love, love the workshops and all the GREAT friends I have mae through coming to Joan's workshops. The bond I have created with you is very special and I will never be able to repay you for your many, many kindnesses. THANKS TO A WONDERFUL FRIEND!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! I can see you guys had a great time. Gorgeous creations too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're both so pretty. I love the rose and leaves! I can't believe it's made with a border punch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dar, as always, it was sooo good to see you at Joan's. Loved the projects we did, and always love connecting with good friends! Hope to see you at the next workshop. Hugs, Vickie Y

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you are one busy lady!

    Congratulations on your lovely pink flowered card being chosen as a Ginger Gem at Gingersnap Creations!

    (Great tutorial, too!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.