Friday, March 30, 2012

NEW 'goodies' to play with . . .

Happy Friday Everyone!

First I'd like to give a BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUT to my granddaughter MORGAN
who is 20 today!
Happy Birthday Sweetie!
We are SO PROUD of you!!

I'm going to be very busy today helping Morgan get things set up for  the 'Deaf Social' she is hosting at Kent State University in East Liverpool, Ohio.  Morgan is the President of the American Sign Language Committee for Kent State and has been working VERY HARD putting this Deaf Social together.  Of course her Mom and I want to help her where ever we can ... so no card making today!

But I do have a couple of cards to share with you that I made after returning from my trip to Indiana where I attended the Spring Workshop at Joan's Gardens.  Not only did I have a GREAT TIME linking up with the ladies and creating some awesome projects ... but also had fun SHOPPING!!  Here are a couple of cards utilizing a few of my new products.

 This first card was created using a LaBlanche stamp (LB1219) for the background and the focus panel.  First I stamped the image using Versamark onto white cardstock, embossed with Stampendous white embossing powder, heat set ... then sponged Colorbox 'Berrylicious' chalk ink over it.  On my white card front, I simply inked the same image with Versafine black ink and randomly stamped.
 
For my second card, I used a Memory Box 'Dogwood Branch' wooden stamp (F1847) to create this paper pieced CAS creation.  The image was stamped twice.  Once on a a scrap piece of white cardstock ... then again on the piece of white cardstock which I sponged using SU Pink Pirouette, Colorbox  Rose Coral and Colorbox Berrylicious.  After coloring in the image on my scrap paper, I used my Fiskars swivel craft knife and cut out the leaves and flower.  The leaves were glued down flat but the Dogwood Blossom was popped up with pop dots.  Coloring on the dogwood blossom was done with chalks and green Stickles in the center.

I hope you enjoyed today's creations and have a wonderful day/weekend!
Now I'd better get moving!
Hugs,
Darlene

OH ... and for any of you who do Facebook ... HERE IS MORGAN'S PAGE if you'd like to stop by and wish her a Happy Birthday!  Thanks in advance for helping to make her day special!!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Darlene. I hope Morgan has a very successful evening as well and wish her Happy Birthday from me. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful cards- love the season where we are making floral cards!!! Best of luck to Morgan - what a gr4eat event....how do you have a 20 yr old G-daughter- did you get married when you were 14???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.