Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sassy Lassy . . .

Before I get ready to go to dinner with neighbors, I wanted to share this little creation with you.

As you know I LOVE making cards and I'm sure you've seen my name (and face) all over the place!  LOL!  One of those places is Paper Craft Planet and it's been way too long since I've joined in the fun over there.  SO today I decided it was time to play along.

The Sassy Studio Group offered an awesome freebie on Friday and that is the focus of my creation.  If you've not seen the digis offered at Sassy Studios, you can check them out HERE.  I will also be sharing this creation over at their Sassy Studios Designs Challenge Blog where their current challenge is "Something Old and Something New".  The OLD on this card are the flowers (had to blow the dust off them before I could use them on the card, lol) ... the NEW is the Cheery Lynn Designs Tropical Flourish die.  I've used Prisma markers for my coloring and the design paper is Imaginisce.

For my design layout, I have used this sketch which is for the current Sketch Challenge at Paper Craft Planet.  (trying to kill 2 birds with one stone, lol)
SK010413
(Oh no ... I just noticed that I forgot to put my GEMS on either side of the focus image.)  I will have to take care of that and hopefully redo the photos.

 I've made a New Year's Resolution to finish the INSIDE of my cards at the same time as the fronts ... so in TRYING to keep up with my promise ... here's a photo of the inside of this card.

I'm thinking maybe this would be a good card for hubby on Valentine's Day but then again ... since my 'curves' aren't what they used to be (unlike this gal) maybe I'm best to buy him a box of chocolates and call it a day!  LOL!

Well I'd better get away from this computer and go get ready for an evening out with our friends.  Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

A few other challenges are:
2 Sisters Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge - What's New?  (new CLD die)
Avadares Challenge - Valentine's Day or Love
Crafts 4 Eternity - Something New (new CLD die)
Jellypark Challenge - Old and New (old flowers, new CLD die)
Sweet 'n Sassy - Something New (new CLD die)
Totally Paper Crafts - Something New (new CLD die)
Cute Card Thursday - Something New (new CLD die)

OH YEA . . . don't forget about my New Years Blog Candy going on through the month of January!  You can either scroll down for the details or click on the 'candy photo' at the top of my sidebar!  Hope you'll join in!  Thanks for stopping by and As Always ... 


12 comments:

  1. What a great take on the sketch and a sweet, colorful design! Cool image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is great hun just love this the colour and design is just amazing hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design, Darlene.
    Thanks for joining us at Avadares Challenge Blog.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card - your hubby will love it! I think he sees you like the gal in the photo! That, my dear is true love - enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabtastic card, love the image. I became a follower but have no room for candy...lol

    Hugz Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute card!!
    Thanks for playing with us this week at Craft 4 Eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of that sketch, Darlene, and such a sassy little image! Perfect color combo for Valentines. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Avadares this month. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tried leaving a comment but can't seem to get it to post. Trying again. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Avadares this month. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card - love the new die.
    Thanks for playing along with us at TPC this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! Love the sketch and the pretty colors! Thank you for playing along at Sassy Studio Designs!

    xx Star (SSD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous creation :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.