Thursday, May 16, 2013

Dare to be Sassy Thursday Challenge

WOW it's going to be a BUSY day today!!!

It's Thursday and that means it's time for another DARE TO BE SASSY THURSDAY CHALLENGE over at Sassy Studio Designs.  The challenge today is to use Black & White with a Pop of Color.  I'm still having fun as their May Guest Designer, and . . .


. . . what fun I had creating this card with Charlotte Sassy as the main focus.  She was so much fun to color too!  Most times for a challenge like this I would use RED or PINK for the pop of color but I stepped outside the box today and used GREEN!  As you can tell, I'm STILL practicing with my alcohol markers and I need to try some different base paper to get a better blending I think!  For the inside of my card I simply used the scraps that were left from the front ... easy-peasy and yet classy I think.


I hope you'll come join our challenge fun this week and wait until you see what the team came up with to inspire you ... WOW!  what a talented group!

A few additional challenges:
Stamp n Doodle - Anything Goes
Stampotique Designers Challenge - Anything Goes
Whimsy Stamps - Anything Goes
LEJ Designs - Borders and/or Corners

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you're having a wonderful day!  
As always . . .




Recipe for this card:

Papers:  Black cs, White cs, White Glossy, GinaK B/W dp
Accessories:  Cheery Lynn Designs B136 Anastasia Lace Border die, Kaiser pearls, Spellbinder Opulent Ovals die, Michaels lime green organza ribbon, Fiskars swivel craft knife


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Darlene - love that green :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Darlene. I love the pop of green and the way you colored her dress, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining the LEJ Designs Challenge #53 - Borders and/or Corners over on our blog.
    What a really striking card. The image is great against that ribbon striped diecut backing. The greens with the black and white look so great together. Love the basic corners and the green pearls really finish the card perfectly.

    I hope you will join us for more of our weekly challenges. There are always gorgeous LEJ Designs images up for grabs as well as extras from our sponcers.

    Hugs Lisa xxxxxx LEJ DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and very stylish. Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very striking card. Thanks for linking it to Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely card, fabulous border and photo corners. I love the green with the white and black.Thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a really pretty card. really delightful. The colour green is really cool.

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamp 'n' Doodle.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.