Sunday, August 4, 2013

Dare To Be Sassy Thursday #188

Happy Sunday Everyone!

A bit rainy this morning here in Akron, OH but I think the sun will come out and it's going to be a BEAUTIFUL DAY!   I'm so confident in that fact that I just invited the young couple from across the street over to grill out this evening.  Ribs and locally grown corn-on-the-cob ... doesn't get much better then that!

But before the food prep begins, I wanted to share a little creation I made for the current Sassy Studio Designs challenge (vacation or travel) as well as the Corrosive Challenge (Birthday card with a number on it).  These two have teamed up for a fun 80's Hop today so I'm going to join in on that fun time too!


How about this cute 'Disney Fan' image from SSD ... every kids first thought of a vacation destination is DISNEY!!  I've only been there once myself (many years ago) but had a FABULOUS time!  We even did a hot air balloon ride over Cinderella's castle ... very scary for someone who's afraid of heights like myself but still an awesome adventure!!

Here are a few additional qualifying challenges:
2 Sisters Challenge - Anything Goes
Di's Digi Designs - Stitching (faux or real)
Send A Smile 4 Kids - Anything Goes 4 Kids
2 Creative Chicks - Anything Goes 4 Kids
ABC Challenge Blog - "S is for Stitching" - real or faux
Card A Day Blog - August themed (birthday)
Card and Scrap - Anything Goes
Digi Galore - Birthday Hop

Okay that's it for me today!  Now it's time for me to 'Get Hopping'!
I hope you're having a fabulous day/weekend!

Unfortunately I must end on a sad note today!!  
I received a call from my mother late in the evening yesterday with the sad news that she had lost yet another one of her 8 sisters.  Yep, there were NINE girls in my mother's family (and 3 boys) and now there are only two of them left (my mom who is 83 and my Aunt MaryJane in TX who is the baby at 79).  Aunt Ruth would have been 94 in September and she will truly be missed as are all my aunts/uncle before her.  But I know that the love of her life (Uncle Lawrence) was waiting for her with opened arms when she entered into the Kingdom of Heaven!  
R.I.P. Aunt Ruth!

Enjoy this glorious day and as always . . .
Recipe for my card:
Papers:  Red cs, Black cs, White cs, Sandy Lion 'Mickey Poses' design paper
Accessories:  Martha Stewart Arch Lattice Border Punch, Sandy Lion Disney 3D Stickers, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Fiskars swivel craft knife
Techniques:  faux stitching, hand written numbers


19 comments:

  1. Such a fun card. Love the vibrant red colouring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable, Darlene!!! I love that Mickey Mouse paper! It's perfect for that SSD image! I'm so sorry for the loss of your aunt and I hope you and your family find comfort in fond memories.
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is so much fun, Darlene! filled with lots and lots of happy! :)

    please accept my prayers for the passing of your aunt.... I'm sorry to hear this news. may all of you in your family find comfort in the loving memories you carry of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darlene, in response to your lovely comment onmy Blog, yes our son was born in 1985 too, do it isnot my era either, but I was not broadcasting it! Whoops, I just have! Haha. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. Love the Disney theme! Thanks for joining us here at SAS4K. You would never catch me in a hot air balloon. But I am sure you are grateful of the experience! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your Aunt, I have an Aunt that is turning 95 today!! Great card...so vibrant and fun!! Gotta love Disney, been there myself, both Disneyland And World.....and would love to go back, but the hot air balloon, I'll take your word for it...lol...enjoy your cookout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Fabulous & Fun card!
    Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry of your Aunt's passing. The card is so fun! Thanks for playing along over at Card A Day Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card!

    Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful, love the reds. Thanks for joining us this week for "Vacation/Travel."

    Karal SSD DT
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who wouldn't love this card? The bright red it perfect! Thank you for joining us at ABC'S CHALLENGE! Good luck and I hope we see more of your lovely work in our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card. I just love the sassy studio immages. Thanks for joining us at Card A Day Blog.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Darlene,
    I'm so sorry about the loss of your aunt. Hope your memories bring you and your mother comfort.

    Your card is fab. I love the disney papers and bright fun colors. Amazing creation! Thanks for joining us at SSD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice card you have made. Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous card! Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks.
    GD Gerda.
    Http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card! I love how bright & colourful it is & that digi is great fun. Thanks for joining us to help us celebrate our birthday at Digi Galore Challenges x

    I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt & hope your family has many happy memories of her x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorjuss card hun, thanks for helping us celebrate our birthday at Digi Galore.
    Shell x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.