Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge

Time for another challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Hello everyone!  
Tanis is our hostess today and she has a really 'useful' challenge idea for us today!

OH SCRAP!
(use scraps on your card/project)

This is a challenge we can ALL join in on because Lord knows we all have mountain of scraps in our crafting areas!!  In fact, I never even made it to my scrap bin ... this was just stuff laying on my craft table that never got put where it belonged!!  Pieces and parts from other projects that I tossed together for today's creation (don't you love when you can do that!!)
Recipe for my card:
Papers:  White cs, Hot Pink cs, Paper Pizazz dp
Stamps:  Sweet Stamps 'Whispy Flowers', Stampendous 'Bubble Day Set'
Ink:  Colorbox 'Berrylicious'
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Jo-Ann's dotted organza ribbon, Offray white satin ribbon, Bow-Easy,  EK Success 2-in-1 Rose Bush #54-52007 punch (this thing is so cool!)



Had a little extra time today so here's another creation I 'tossed' together!  I just love rummaging through my scrap bin and pulling together pieces that I think will work well together.  I glanced at a few sketches over on Paper Playful but nothing really caught my eye so I just did my own thing!  I must say I'm quite happy with the outcome.

Recipe for my card:
Papers:  White cs, Paper Pizazz dp, DCWV dp
Stamps:  Rily & Company - Funny Bones 'RWD-080, Great Impressions 'G304'
Ink:  Versafine Onyx, SU River Rock
Accessories: Stampendous diamond dots

A few other challenges:
Can You Digi It #42 - Lift Me Up (Card #2)
Tuesday Throwdown - Pastel Rainbow (Card #2)
Use It Tuesday - Un-Inked Stamps (Card #2)
ABC Challenge - Stamps, Ink, Paper (Card #2)
Craft-Dee BowZ:August Challenge - Anything Goes with homemade bow (Card #1)
The Crafty Bloggers Network - Favorite Things (love using up my scraps)

So now it's your turn to grab that SCRAP BIN and get busy!  I'm sure you'll be amazed at what you can create just from your scraps!  (I know I was!!  LOL!)
Hope to see you at the Sisterhood ... till then and as always . . .

11 comments:

  1. Loving your "scrappy" cards!!! And yes, it sure does feel good to use them up.....both are very creative and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sample of using your scraps. Very clean and simple, but eye catching. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ August challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge to use only what you have. Your cards are wonderful and I especially enjoy the interior of the card with sentiment and paper scraps. Creative Happy Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of scraps...and I love the cut edge on the first card. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly love that sentiment and really love your mix of papers. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful cards! LOVE the fabulous sentiments! Thanks for joining us at CYDI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! What a marvelous "scap finding" set of cards Darlene. I think you could just take about anything and put it together to form a fabulous card. You are one talented lady for sure. God bless u and your family. Thank you for sharing yourself with us. ekc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards. I love the sentiment in out challenge card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards. Thank you for joining us at The CBN Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards! Love the simplicity and softness of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown!
    <3 Emily L.-DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that sentiment you have used.
    Thanks for joining us at CBN.
    Kaz. CBN
    XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.