Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Inspired by others . . .

Good Morning Everyone!

How's your week going so far?
My mojo was lacking a bit yesterday so today I'm really trying to 'get something accomplished'!

A few days back, I made mention of another type of 'tissue box cover' I was working on and I was inspired when I saw THIS POST over on Patricia St. Martin's  (Rubber Stamping Is My Game) blog.  I thought it would be a great little new item for my upcoming craft shows and although I didn't get as FANCY as Pat ... I think that these would be wonderful little gift items.

Here's Pat's ... just to show you how wonderfully adorable you can make these little covers:
For someone special 2013

and here are some of the ones I've been working on ...




K&Company has some wonderful packages of 3d butterflies & birds that I thought would be a nice little touch for the front.  I also die cut a few Impression Obsession die #058-N 'Love Birds' for some of them.
Here are a few more I finished this morning.

 I also figured out the packaging on them for the show.
I try to have each thing individually packaged to help keep them clean and nice looking.

I discovered that once they are adhered to make the 'box' for the Kleenex Travel Pack to go into, they will lay down flat.  Which makes for easy storage.  I also discovered that by doing this, they fit nicely inside the clear sleeves I use for my A6 size cards.  

So, for each one, I have folded it down... slid it into the sleeve... added the Kleenex Travel Pack in the back, then sealed it closed.

Pretty easy peasy and cute too!

If you make these, be sure to use KLEENEX brand travel packs because they are the only ones I've seen so far that open from the top.  The others open from the end and won't work on this project.

Well ... that's it for me at the moment!
Need to go make lunch and get ready for a Webinar.
Catch you later!


7 comments:

  1. Dar, I do not know how you manage to accomplish all that you do. You just do so MUCH! I'm really impressed! These are super cute....looks to me that your Mojo is rolling along just fine, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project, Darlene! These are so cute, in addition to your vertical standing boxes. Gives shoppers a choice, which is great during the crafts fairs.And your packaging is awesome, too! Great idea to keep them clean and tidy, and the parts together. Good luck in your endeavor.
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Darlene, You did a fantastic job with the kleenex boxes. Love all of them. The nature look is awesome. You never lost your MOJO girlfriend! They do fold up so nice if you want to give them as gifts. Great job my friend!!
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute...wonderful idea...best sellers, I am sure, great packaging too !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such a wonderful idea...I'm sure they are going to fly off the table at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tissue boxes Dar! I hope they sell like hot cakes for you. Hugs from FL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects, love them.

    hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.