Thursday, January 9, 2014

Music of the Soul . . .

Hello dear blogging friends!

Well, I nearly have all the Christmas decorations down & put away for another year with the exception of those that are outside!  It's just TOO DARN COLD!  Being in the single digits or teens is bad enough but SUB ZERO ... REALLY!!!  It's just going to have to look like Christmas on the front of our house until the temperatures get above freezing!
Does this COLD weather have you singing the blues? 
If you're snowed in ... maybe you could rent a comedy on Netflix 
and remember these words!

Hopefully it will help!

Today I'm playing along with the new challenge over at Papercrafter's Corner.  It's for the Monday Magazine Challenge and here's this week's inspiration magazine cover . . .
 Papercrafting Inspiration: Magazine Mondays - Week Thirty-Six - Inspiration Piece (image)
The first thing I saw when I looked at this cover was of course the block design ... next was that pretty purple flower.  SO, that was the basis for my creation.  I've really been quite happy with the cards I've created using this inspiration challenge.  Especially if my mojo is lacking ... this challenge has become my GO TO REMEDY!!

Why not come join in the fun ... I'd love to see how this cover inspires you!!

A few additional challenges:
Little Red Wagon #219 - All Purpose Card
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - Anything Goes
 Word Art Wednesday #114 - Anything Goes
 Cards Galore Encore #1 - Anything Goes
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  And I just LOVE when you leave me a comment!  And don't be shy ... if you see something that needs improving ... please speak up!  That's how I learn ... from all of you!!!

Take care everyone and as always ...



Recipe:

Paper:  White cs, Graphic45 'Secret Gardens' Patterns & Solids
Stamps:  Fiskars 'Laugh With Me Quotes', Rubber Stampede 'Music Notes'
Accessories:   Versafine Onyx ink, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Fanciful Flourish Small' B117S, JoAnn's flowers, Stampendous Diamond Dots


12 comments:

  1. Look at all that gorgeous purple...beautiful!! A so true sentiment, too....pretty details once again Dar!!! Good luck with the challenge and thanks "once again" inspiring me to get off my duff and create something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just beautiful! The sentiment and card are the perfect blend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Dar! Gee, imagine you picking the purple as your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful saying and such a pretty card. I love purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful quote! I love the colours you chose. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, this is just sooooo beautiful and such a true sentiment. Love the aubergine and white colouring. Hope things heat up a bit on your side soon. We are in the middle of sizzling summer here in Johannesburg, South Africa.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you, too, Dar! I just love this gorgeous creation! I'd say you nailed the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Darlene. Love that purple. Great job!!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, thank you for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck.

    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Darlene. I love the sentiment, the purple, and the beautiful floral touches. It's just stunning. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week. It's always SO nice to have you join us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderfully designed card. Love the monochromatic feel to it and those die-cuts are awesome! So delightfully blessed that you joined us at Word Art Wednesday. A new challenge starts tomorrow so, I hope you visit us again. Living you with the message of the Lord in Psalm 107:9, "For He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." Hugs!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely card
    Thank you for joining us at the CardsGaloreEncore Anything Goes Challenge #1
    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.