Friday, January 16, 2015

Butterfly Birthday

Happy Friday my friends!
Today I have a card created for the Sketch Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.
(If you're not a member of SCS, you probably won't be able to get into the site link.)
It has been SO LONG since I played a challenge over at SCS!
Well ... Today's the day!

Here's the sketch ...

And, here's my card ...


I found this beautiful image over on Pinterest and thought it would work perfectly for the focus image on today's card.  It seemed to be the right size ... all it needed was a little matting and faux stitching.

The background designer papers I've used are all from my scrap bin.  The green panel is from Cosmos Cricket, the dark purple panel is from Fabscraps 'High Tea' and the lighter purple background is from Hot Off The Press.


I knew I wanted to add butterflies but wasn't sure on the color  ...  so, created my own using Tim Holtz broken china & dusty concord distress inks onto a scrap of ivory card stock before die cutting with my Cheery Lynn Designs 'Exotic Butterflies' dies.  I also put a coat of SU Crystal Effects on them for a little 'shine'.  I knew I wanted them to match the hydrangea flowers in the image ... too bad the wing covered so much of the flower.  Guess I should have positioned it just a bit higher!  Oh well ...

Let's see if I can locate a few other challenges to share in today:

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by!
Hope you have a fun weekend planned!
Till next time and as always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.