Friday, February 6, 2015

Happy Birthday Greetings . . .

Happy Friday Everyone!
YAY!  Another weekend is on our doorstep!  
Do you have any exciting plans for it?
NO?  Don't feel bad ... me either!  Not with all this cold, snowy weather!  
I'm more of a 'fair weather' bird!!  If ya know what I mean ... LOL!

So since I'm 'stuck' indoors, I decided to play a few challenges.
If you're a follower of my blog (and thank you if you are), 
then you know I've been enjoying the sketch challenges lately.  
 
Today's card is created for the current Mojo Monday card sketch (above) and I couldn't help but bring focus to this adorable Fred She Said image I won recently over on the Crafting By Designs Challenge Blog.  YAY!  Thanks!    Isn't he just the cutest little guy?  His name is Nolan.


One of the nice things about card sketches is that you can a lot of times use up some of those scraps we all have a mountain of ... and I've done just that today!  Other than the SU Bermuda Bay background panel, the other panels were all created from scraps of paper in my scrap bin. 

I cropped out a portion of my card for a couple of reasons.
I wanted you to be able to see there is embossing on the yellow panel
and to point out my 'mat' panel.  See the stitch lines in it?
This is one of the new Memory Box die sets called 'Stitched Circle Layers' # 30036 and I LOVE how they cut so easily and look so great.  I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of this die set on my cards. 
(And, if you hurry, they are back in stock over at Dies R Us)

Challenges to share in ...
Pixie's Snippets Playground #162 - Anything Goes With Snippets
Cuttin and Stampin Challenge - Masculine
Crafter's Cafe Challenge - Birthday
Crafting By Designs February Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Challenge - All Things Bright and Beautiful
DoubleClick Skittles Challenge - Use a Heart (balloons)

That's it for me today!
Hope your weekend is a FABULOUS one!
What ever you are doing ... make it fun!  Life is too short to be miserable!
SMILE ... it can be contagious!
As always . . .
Recipe:
Papers - SU Bermuda Bay, scraps of dark brown cs, rust cs, goldenrod cs, designer paper
Image - Fred She Said 'precolored' Nolan with a Sign
Accessories -  Cuttlebug 'hearts' embossing folder, Spellbinder 'Classic Circle' die, Memory Box 'Stitched Circle Layer' die, Elizabeth Craft 'Balloons' die #726

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.