Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Scenic Birthday

Hello Everyone and Happy Sunday!

I had a little time last evening to 'play' and while I was jumping
around on Pinterest, I spotted a card my friend Diane (Nellie's Nest) had pinned 
that was created by Birgit and thought I'd like to give it a try.  

Here's Birgit's card ....

Spellbinders D-Lites Die

And here's mine ...


 I just love drawing inspiration from other designers!
Sometimes when I see someone's card I think ... "WOW!  Why didn't I think of that?"
Do you ever do that?  LOL

Anyways, I'm in need of more masculine birthday & get well cards for
my upcoming shows so I think I'll make a few more using this basic design idea
but with different colors and die cuts.  Thanks Diane & Birgit for your inspiration!

 Challenges:
613 Avenue Create Challenge - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Die Cuts (+stamps)
Allsorts Challenge - Birthday Wishes

UPDATE ... COULDN'T STOP MYSELF, LOL!!
HERE'S A FEW  MORE ...

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Enjoy the remainder of your weekend!
As always . . .


Recipe:
Papers: White cs
Stamps/Ink:  Magenta, Stampscapes,/Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  Spellbinder 'Cattails' #S2-002, Tim Holtz distress inks, large sponge daubers



20 comments:

  1. Gosh, this is sure pretty, Darlene! It's perfect for a masculine birthday, but it's just beautiful in my eyes, so peaceful and serene, and it would suit me just fine to receive this in the mail. Kinda my style, tell the truth. Couldn't tell by some of the cards I make, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a great masculine card! I love the background. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely take on Birgits card! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, wouldn't they make a pretty little group of framings...here you go again, the master of sponging!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are fantastic! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my goodness these cards are stunning my friend!!! Just gorgeous! And I love those stamps.... you have been busy but they are beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scenic cards are spectacular, Darlene!! You made the original and subsequent designers proud with your masculine and stunning CASE card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super Birthday creation Darelene and like the angle of the sentiment.

    Many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts, Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this and what die is it please. I would love to recreate this scene. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For my main card, the die, etc. are identified after my signature. If there is something you are inquiring about on one of the last 3 cards please let me know.

      Delete
  10. Ha! Greetings from a Michigander! This card is so pretty. And that sentiment is so perfect for your design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, Darlene - very atmospheric! great background and I love the geese! Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such lovely scenic cards that would suit anyone! thank you so much for playing along with us again this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW simply stunning and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous card and I do love the sky. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our current challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a beautiful scene!
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. BEAUTIFUL!!!.. I love it!!. Great background colouring!! Stunning Card!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene