background

Monday, April 10, 2017

Easter Blessings . . .

Happy Monday Everyone!
Can you believe Easter is this weekend?  
Where does the time go?

Yesterday I decided I wanted to make a quick Easter card for 'someone special'
and wanted to try stamping over top the new Tim Holtz Oxide inks.
So, I created my oxide background ... let it dry then stamped my image.


Both stamp sets I have used are very old and don't get a lot
of use but they worked perfect for today's creation.
The cross stamp is from Ann-ticipations circa 2005
and the sentiments are from a Verve stamp set called
Everlasting Life (vs-09-011).

After stamping the cross I noticed you could see the colors come through 
on the lilies and the outline of the cross ... so I grabbed my white
gelly roll pen and went over those areas.  

I recently purchased what I thought was a 2 pen package of new
WHITE gelly roll pens ... but when I went to use them, they 
did not come out white ... more of a clear glaze ... so that's what
I used on the cross and it actually came out looking kind of like
a woodgrain finish.  Unexpected ... but I like it!!!


The Tutti Designs 'Corner Tulip' die cut was laying on
the work table and I thought since the corner needed a little
'something' maybe it would work ... and I think it worked beautifully.

The ribbon is from an older pack of Really Reasonable Ribbons.
I have so many beautiful ribbons from this company since I joined
their ribbon club ... they are so pretty in the box I almost hate to use them! 
Can you say HOARDER!  LOL

Challenges to share in:

613 Avenue Creates Challenge - ATG twist/Spring has Sprung
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #145 - Stamped image / Stamped Sentiment

Anyways ... it's going to be a beautiful day today in Ohio.
I've already washed/dried the car ... switched equipment around in
the garage (with hubby's help of course ... don't want to re-injure my arm) 
and in a few hours I intend to mow the lawn for the first time this year.
While driving down to the car wash I noticed a lot of my
neighbors got theirs done yesterday ... looks so nice & green!

Have a fabulous start to your week ...
As always . . .

12 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene, this is such a beautiful card! I love the design and the background looks amazing! Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like your background and the effect of the clear glaze on the cross. Pretty card! Good idea with the white gel pen, too. Our weather can't make up it's mind today, but I wouldn't chance going out without my rain coat. Where is our sunshine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous background and the effect you have achieved on the cross is fab. A beautiful Easter card.
    Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background! Your stamped image is beautiful and that pretty die cut is a perfect corner accent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Easter card and pretty die cuts. Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so beautiful Darlene! Love your background and always love seeing Verve stamps in action. <3 Hallelujah! He is risen! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your win at Crafting with Dragonflies. <3

      Delete
  7. Beautiful Easter card. He has risen indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous background, and the cross turned out so cool with your new pens! That corner die is just a perfect touch with it all too! Pretty combo of your ribbon too!
    I agree the time has just gone by way too fast.... I just love the look of freshly mown grass, but we have got so much rain that as soon as it is cut it seems it is growing again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a very beautiful card with a great background.
    Enjoy your easter weekend.
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful work, I like that background (my favourite colours). Thank you for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Jarka

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just saw this as a Top 3 choice at Crafting with Dragonflies - congratulations. It certainly is a well deserved selection - there are so many pretty things included. I especially like that you are sending the Easter message of the Resurrection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene