Tuesday, July 11, 2017

A Garden Note . . .

Hello Crafty Friends!
Today I have a fun creation using a variety of dies from the Dies R Us Store to create a beautiful 'pot of flowers' to send along to a friend of mine with a few container gardening tips.   The idea for this creation started with the purchase of an Elizabeth Craft 'Garden Notes Potted' die.


I just love the look of an old patina pot so I  thought I'd try to recreate that look on my pot today by using some oxide distress inks and watercolor paper.


After creating my background (patina look) paper, I die cut my pot.  Well I actually was able to die cut THREE pots from this one 4x6 panel!  How much fun is that!  


Now it's time to 'Fill' my container with flowers.  As I said, I've chosen a variety of dies and here is the list of flower dies I used:

 Impression Obsession - Dies - Lily Trio

Impression Obsession - Dies - Lily Of The Valley
As you can see I didn't use the leaves from this die ... only the flowers.

Memory Box - Dies - Glorious Gerber Daisies
(Remember, if Out of Stock, add your name to the Waiting List)





I added a couple little pieces of double sided tape to help hold my flowers in place during arranging.  Once I had all stems where I wanted them, I placed a few more strips of double sided tape to the back of my pot ... die cut another pot from a scrap of white paper and placed it over all the stems on the back to keep them secure.


I used foam tape behind my pot and a few of the flowers to add a little dimension.  It still needed 'something' and luckily I had JUST ENOUGH patina paper left to die cut these pretty Cheery Lynn Designs 'Lace Corner Deco E' corner decorations.  A couple little Nuvo Bronze Crystal Drops where my ivy joined and this card is ready to be mailed!
OH and did I mention I quickly created another oxide ink panel using shades of green that I used to die cut my Frantic Stamper 'Spring Ivy' ivy panels.


Challenges to share in:
A Bit More Time to Craft Challenge #47 - ATG
A Perfect Time to Craft July Challenge - ATG
Crafty Girls Creations Challenge #38 - ATG
Daisy Chain Challenge #10 - Floral
Love to Craft July Challenge - ATG

I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today!  And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Thanks so much for stopping by today and as always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.