Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Wishing You Happy Everything . . .

Hello Everyone and HAPPY 4th of JULY 
to all my USA Friends & Family!!

Today I have a card to share that was created for my beautiful, young neighbor Bethany's bridal shower.  Her wedding is July 29th and the neighborhood is all excited and so happy for her & James!  
I also had my Dies R Us Inspiration Blog DT commitment in mind when creating this card so you can find today's creation shared today on their blog.  For awesome inspiration using die cuts, you'll want to be sure to pop over to this blog often.  There's a new inspirational creation posted DAILY!!


The dies I have used on today's creation are:
Cheery Lynn Designs - I Do

Sue Wilson Designs - Shadow Boxes -  Stitched Lattice Frames
(These are large so be sure to check the size shown at the store.)
Cheery Lynn Designs - Horizon Fishtail Banners

Penny Black - Dies - Awesome

Elizabeth Craft Designs - Dies - Wishing You A

While die cutting my Sue Wilson 'Stitched Lattice Frames' (which i was going to keep all white), I decided on creating a color panel for the background that tied in with her wedding colors.  Plus this gave me a chance to play with my Tim Holtz oxide distress inks again lol.


Once dry, I simply 'inlaid' my colored panel and 'overlaid' the lattice panel on top.  I like the hint of color in the background ... just what I was looking for!

I also wanted to add dimension to my  bride & groom so I die cut it 5 times (glued 2 of them together before I thought to snap a photo lol)  from scraps of white card stock and glued them together.  Turned out almost like a chipboard piece!  Looked awesome ... give it a try!



AND, how much fun is it to combine dies like I have for today's sentiment.  I'm always looking for new ways to use my dies to create something different and by combining these two word die sets I can happily say I was able to do that today!


Here's a little peek at Bride to be Bethany
with her Mom and a few of us neighbors ...
(left to right:  Mom Sheri, Christine, Bethany, Christy and me)

 I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today!  And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

Thanks so much for stopping by today and as always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.