Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Double D - TAN Neutrals with Texture

Hello Friends!
It's time for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Diane is our hostess today and her theme of choice is:

TAN Neutrals with Texture
( touches of black or white are acceptable)

Check out this beautiful mood board she has created to inspire us!


I'm SO GLAD Diane came up with this theme because it prompted me to finally remember I have some fabulous DCWV paper pads that have texture like burlap, corrugated, woven ... I even had cork that I could have used ... wow, what fun!!
Here's what I came up with . . .

What a fun card to create!
Obviously I was inspired by the textured flowers, so that was my starting point!  
My main textures came from the DCWV 'burlap' 6x6 page that I die cut my Spellbinder 'Blooms 3' flowers from and the woven background panel from another DCWV 'woven' 6x6 paper pad.


After die cutting the flowers from the burlap paper, I decided to sponge the edges with Tim Holtz 'frayed burlap' distress ink to add a little more dimension.  I've used a drop of Nuvo 'Copper Penny' crystal drops for the flower centers.
I love how all the stitching & piercing came together too ... 
Very happy with today's card and I think it could be used for a man or a woman!

Challenges to share in:
Monochrome Magic  -  ATG monochrome/optional bow
Make My Monday - Monochromatic 
 Scrapyland - Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge  - Rustic Elegance
613 Avenue Create  - Anything Goes Optional Monochrome

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!Here's what Diane has up for grabs to one lucky random draw winner.  And, check out her beautiful creation ... she used this same embossing folder ... what fabulous texture!


Hope to see you there!
As always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  Ivory 110# card stock, black cs, DCWV burlap cs, DCWV woven cs
Stamp & Ink:  Impression Obsession, Versafine Onyx, Tim Holtz 'Frayed Burlap'
Accessories:  Dimensional Tape, Nuvo Copper Penny Crystal Drops, RRR Country Holiday Collection ribbon, Craft-Dee Bowz bow maker tool, Fine Tip Black Marker
Technique:  faux stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.